What is PHERN?
PHERN, or the Public Health and Equity Resource Navigator, aims to help changemakers navigate resources focused on ending the pandemic, advancing equity, and building a resilient, robust, sustainable public health system for the future.
What kinds of resources does PHERN include?
PHERN offers a wide range of resource types (e.g., articles, data tools, communications materials, toolkits, graphics) from a variety of partners including government, not for profit organizations, communities, businesses, etc. It highlights resources and content around the priorities of its users, while advocating sound public health principles and promoting equitable approaches. Learn more
How is content curated?
The preliminary objectives for curated content include:
- Spread good science about COVID-19, COVID-19 vaccines, and public health measures;
- Support assessment of COVID-19 impacts;
- Share strategies, stories, resources, and best practices to help end the COVID-19 pandemic and promote equity;
- Advance equity in COVID-19 response and recovery efforts; and
- Promote modernization, transformation and resilience of our public health system.
PHERN is a collaborative effort, lifting up the work of partners and inviting others to share in curation.
Its content will be shaped by alliance members and stakeholders.
Mapping the Alliance and Beyond!
- Learn who is doing what and where
- Explore the Alliance members and partner organization’s place-based initiatives
- Map the movement of public health and equity across the nation in response to COVID-19
Brought to you by
The Public Health & Equity Resource Navigator (PHERN) is an initiative of
The American Public Health Association & The Alliance for Disease Prevention and Response
American Public Health Association
800 I Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001