10 Essential Public Health Services
Strengthen, support, and mobilize community partnerships to improve health
Equity & Systems
Cross-sector partnerships help Public Health achieve systems-level impact, cultivate belonging and civic muscle, and build community power. This is especially true when partners:
- Acknowledge and seek to balance power issues
- Commit to principles of co-design
- Invest in building long-term community relationships
Public Health in Action
Public Health leverages partnerships to help address complex health and well-being issues and reach priority populations. For example, Public Health may convene a partnership with housing authorities, healthcare providers, community residents, and others to improve humane housing conditions. Such partnerships facilitate collaboration to collect data, create policy, implement interventions, and more.
Show up as an authentic, reliable, and accountable partner and work to build trust over the long-term
- What do partnerships allow Public Health to do that it could not do alone?
- How can Public Health advance equity through partnership practices?