A Population Health Workforce
to Meet 21st Century Challenges
This virtual event hosted by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine explores issues related to the multi-sector workforce for population health improvement. Presentations and discussions aim to answer the following questions:
- Who are the workers (e.g. workers in public health, in community-facing health care roles, in the social sector)?
- What education, training, and competencies do they need, especially considering current challenges and opportunities?
- How can the workforce be strengthened and supported?
- How best to address attrition, pay, and related matters?
- How best to use the resources being made available in the wake of the pandemic?
- These topics are discussed in the context of the need to promote equity (including in the workforce pipeline) and ensure readiness to respond to evolving opportunities (e.g. pandemic-related funding) and challenges (e.g. health implications of climate change).
The latest public health &
Straight to your inbox