Founded in 1905, the American Thoracic Society is the world’s leading medical society dedicated to accelerating the advancement of global respiratory health through multidisciplinary collaboration, education, and advocacy. Core activities of the Society’s more than 16,000 members are focused on leading scientific discoveries, advancing professional development, impacting global health, and transforming patient care. Key areas of member focus include developing clinical practice guidelines, hosting the annual International Conference, publishing four peer-reviewed journals, advocating for improved respiratory health globally, and developing an array of patient education and career development resources.
Alliance DPR apha astho big cities health coalition CAP cdc center for american progress climate coalition building commonwealth fund community assessment community commons data modernization equity healthcare knowledge management NASDOH network new resource p2phe past events phern public health public health data public health funding public health infrastructure public health law public health workforce Robert Wood Johnson Foundation technology TFAH thriving trust for america's health upcoming events WE in the World workforce
- Creating Virtual Resources to Amplify Public Health Equity
- New Resource! Meeting America’s Public Health Challenge
- New Resource! Urban Health Agenda
- New Resource! The Impact of Chronic Underfunding on America’s Public Health System: Trends, Risks, and Recommendations, 2022
- New Resource! How Investing in Public Health Will Strengthen America’s Health